Absolutely! How? There are two main ways you can do this:
- Go to the App Store or Google Play Store on the other person's device. Sign in with your Apple or Google account that you used to make the original purchase and download the app as normal. It should be shown as free. When you're done, sign out again.
- This is probably the simplest way but it does mean that you'll need to enter your account password whenever you want to update the app
- Set up Family Sharing/Purchase Sharing on Apple devices or Family Library on Android devices
- Using this method, you can share your purchases between family members
- These programs are run by Apple and Google and they have great articles to help you
- Apple Family Sharing: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201088
- Apple Purchase Sharing: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201079
- Google Family Library: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7007852?hl=en
Please note that you cannot share apps between different operating systems. That means if you bought our apps on Apple, they can't be shared on Android and vice versa. If this is what you are trying to do, please contact us.
If you're having trouble, the first thing to try is to just reboot your devices. Sometimes it takes that for the app stores to recognize the changes to your accounts.
It can also take time for the purchase to process on the account that bought the app so if you aren't able to download the app on your family member's device right away, we'd recommend waiting a day or so and trying again.
Otherwise, as the two programs are administered by Apple and Google, it's best to contact them directly.
- Apple support article with contact page: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201454
- Google support article with contact page: https://support.google.com/families/answer/7007852?hl=en
If you're still stuck after that, please do contact us.