Almost all of our apps allow you to send an email report at the end of the session.
Setting up Email
If you get a message saying that the email isn't set up, it's easy to fix.
Our apps use the email account and email app that you have set up on your device itself. So if you don't have any email accounts on your device, our apps won't be able to send emails.
Here's how you can add an email account to your device:
- Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201320
- Android: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6078445?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid
Apple users: You will need to set up email for your pre-installed Mail app, not just a third-party app like Outlook or Gmail.
Sometimes you have your email set up, but it's still not working. Here are some things to try:
- Ensure you have the default Mail app for iOS. If you have deleted this app, you will need to redownload it and set it up.
- Reboot the device. A full power-down and restart often solves many problems like this.
- Ensure you have plenty of space on your device. Being low on space can stop the emails from sending.
- Within the app's settings, make sure there's an email address entered in the TO: field. You can store an email address in the settings of the app so it will automatically populate that field. Without a recipient, the Send button won't work.
- Check the Outbox folder of your Mail app. Sometimes just opening your email app will send the email.
- Ensure you have a Wi-Fi or data connection. Email requires connectivity to send. You can always save the message as a draft to send or refer to later.
If you are getting to the email, but the SEND button is missing....
- Go to the Settings app, Accessibility settings, Display & Text Size, and turn OFF the "Increase Contrast" switch.
- We are working on a fix for this, but in the meantime, this should solve the problem on iOS. It it does not, please let us know.
- The button is actually still in the upper right corner of the email. Touch this area to send. You cannot see the button though, which is what we are working to fix.