In the following apps, you can add your own items:
- Language Therapy 4-in-1
- Comprehension Therapy
- Naming Therapy
- Reading Therapy
- Writing Therapy
You do this by:
- going into the app,
- selecting an activity (e.g. Listen, Naming Practice, Phrase Matching, or Copy), and
- finding the "Set Up Your Activity" screen. (You may need to bypass the explainer screen to get here.)
On the second tab that says Categories, you'll find a button in the lower left corner that says "Add/Edit Custom". Touch this button to begin the process.
- Add a new category by touching "+ Add a New Category" and editing the name of the category if you wish (otherwise it will use the default title "Custom Category").
- Add an item to that category by touching "+ Add New Item" - you may have to grant access to the microphone at this stage.
- Enter all the necessary text, photos, and audio recordings for that item.
- Press "Done"
- You will then see your custom category listed at the bottom of the Categories tab in the list of categories. Select the box next to it to use these items.
Each app stores the custom items separately, so if you wish to use the same word in two or more apps, you will need to add it to each app.
TIP: Download images from the Internet, email, or your computer to the Photos app on your device so you can re-used them in each app.
For step-by-step instructions on how to use each app, download our Language Therapy User Guide.