When you first try to record, the app will ask for your permission to use the microphone on your device. If you accidentally say no, or change your mind, it's easy to give permission again.
- go to your Settings app
- select Privacy
- select Microphone
- find the app you’re using and switch it on
There are two ways to disable Microphone permissions so please check both these.
- Go to your device Settings
- select Apps
- select the app you want to change
- select Permissions
- switch on the Microphone permission
and for Android 12 and above only
- Access your Quick Settings (usually swipe down from the top)
- Scroll through your settings until you find Mic Access
- Ensure that Mic Access is Available and not Blocked
Note that these will vary slightly from device to device depending on Android version and phone make and model.